Erik looked so handsome in his tuxedo.
Promenade is only for the juniors and is a very old Tooele Valley tradition. For three weeks the kids go to the school at night to learn a ballroom dance. This dance is performed during Promenade. The community, particulary the parents, are invited. Because I have never been to Promenade I was curious what it would be like. I found it to be really fun.
Here is what happens:
Each person was introduced at the top of a staircase in the gym (when it was Erik's turn the announcer said, "Erik Fox--son of Randall and Karen Fox). Then Erik and his Promenade date (different from his Prom date--I know, it is a bit strange) walked down the stairs and waited on the gym floor for everyone else to be introduced.
The following is a blurry picture but it is of Erik and Melissa, his Promenade date:
Then they performed the dance. In this picture Erik's date is facing the camera in the dark, sleeved dress with necklace.
After Promenade the Prom began in the gym. Erik met back up with Kiersten where they stayed at the Prom until 11 p.m. Then they came home, changed and went to one of the group member's home and watched a movie.
Erik really had a fun day. I had a lot of fun watching him.
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment