On Wednesday, May 13, Shauna, Daniel (trip leader), David (trip photographer), and Laurie met Randy and I at the Mather Campground, located on the south rim, where we spent the night before descending into the Grand Canyon.
The next morning we set out on the Bright Angel Trail with our most basic belongings strapped to our backs.
The next morning we set out on the Bright Angel Trail with our most basic belongings strapped to our backs.
The path was very rocky. I had to look down the entire time I walked to be sure I didn't stumble over a rock. It felt disappointing to have to look down so much when I was in one of the most beautiful areas of our country.
At times we would rest, have a drink of water, and eat a snack. When I would look up at the rim, I was amazed at how quickly and how far we descended into the canyon.
This picture below is a picture of the south rim. It doesn't seem possible that there is a trail that takes you to where we are in the picture--the vertical wall does not seem to allow for it!

Nice pictures!
ReplyDeleteP90x is so good! I would highly recommend it to anyone. One of my friends does martial arts and trains to do ultimate fighting and the workouts were difficult for him. Another friend's almost 50-year-old mom has developed a 6-pack. It is hard... but so good!