Saturday, May 23, 2009

Grand Canyon, Mule Train

If you grew up in the 70's like I did, then you grew up watching the Brady Bunch. If you grew up watching the Brady Bunch then you saw the Grand Canyon episodes (a lot). Remember when the Brady Family rode down the canyon on the mules? Yup! I do too! Wasn't Alice funny when she got off her mule?!

Well, one of the best parts of hiking down the Bright Angel Trail was the opportunity to see the mule train in real life. The first one we saw was a supply train.

Isn't cool to see REAL cowboys?!

There are also the mule trains that carry the lazy, ummm, I mean adventurous people. I didn't get any pictures of that--I preferred the supply ones.

I always found it exciting when I saw the mule train coming. It kind of felt like a parade was approaching. But it also felt exciting because it meant we could have a short rest...


The mule train brought back a lot of Brady Bunch memories (which we ended up discussing quite a bit throughout our time there).

Next post--more of day two!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know why you REALLY liked the supply mule train! I love that Brady Bunch episode!

    ReplyDelete