Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grand Canyon, Day Two, Part One

My first night in the canyon was pretty much sleepless. The wind that pushed through the canyon was, to say the least, obnoxious. It kept waking me up. Each time I woke up I was reminded of how uncomfortable I was sleeping on the ground. Each time I moved in a desperate attempt to find a "comfortable" position on my Therm-a-Rest, my legs reminded me how sore I really was. I SERIOUSLY wondered how I would ever get out the canyon! LOL!

When morning came, although my muscles were tight, I was ready for the 10 mile hike ahead of us. I looked forward to reaching the Colorado River.

To get there we had to take this trail...

Doesn't that look appealing?

David took this shot of us hiking down the hard part of the trail. See us in the bottom corner?

We, of course, made it to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (because we rock!). A picture of us at the Colorado River...

While we rested before the continuation of our journey to Phantom Ranch we ate more snacks and drank more water while Randy made sure the squirrels stayed away from our packs (Randy is fierce with a stick!).

I'm feeling pretty studly right about this time!

Once again, the river water feels great on my feet!


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment