Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Backpacking!!!

Tomorrow I leave for my first backpacking trip since Girl's Camp.

I remember that backpacking trip fondly. I convinced the two girls I shared a tent with, Diana and Lori, that we needed to stash our backpacks, stacked on top of each other, in our tents. Diana did not think this was a good idea. She was sure the backpacks would tip over. I assured her they would not.

Well, I was wrong.

They did fall over in the middle of the night. On Diana.

She tried to wake me so she could get some help in stacking them back up and probably yell at me!

I pretended not to hear her. I thought that was the wisest choice.

Well, this backpacking trip is in the Grand Canyon. It should be pretty sweet--Randy (my personal sherpa) is carrying most of our stuff. However, I don't think Randy will allow the packs in our tents.

I look forward to sharing pictures of this adventure when I get back.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment