Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Favorite Thing


A little story of how my newest favorite thing became a gift from Randy...

Last month I was at Costco (aka Disneyland for the stay-at-home mom) and I saw a rice cooker. I have always wanted a rice cooker because I make rice ALL OF THE TIME and so I stopped my cart and admired it from afar. Hesitantly I approached it--fearing that if I got too close to the rice cooker I would impulsively place it in my cart. I opened it's lid. I touched it's buttons. I memorized the price.

Now before you think this post has turned into an "Impulse of the Moment" post you are wrong. I walked away from it.

However, I couldn't stop thinking about the rice cooker. So, the next time I went to Costco with my friend, DeAnn (I should post a picture of her since I talk about her so much!), I marched over to that rice cooker and placed it in my cart.

When I got home I made rice. It makes the most beautiful rice. It is like I live in a Chinese restaurant except I'm not limited to a tiny bowlful of rice and have to practically beg for more and still only get another tiny bowlful of rice.

When Randy came home I proudly showed him the rice cooker filled with steamy hot rice. Randy looked at it and said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" I looked at Randy and said, "Thank you!"

So, that is how a near impulse of the moment became a favorite thing and then became my Valentine's Day gift.

Rice cookers...a positively favorite thing.

5 comments:

  1. We bought a Zojirushi rice cooker last year, and love it as well. They seem like a bit of an extravagance, but being able to schedule brown rice to be ready at dinnertime is so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Randy! That was a great "impulse of the moment" Valentine's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure that picture meets my approval-NO and I do mean NO Bear Lake pictures are allowed to be posted here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what you are talking about but I agree with DeAnn. What happens in Bear Lake STAYS in Bear Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is Bear Lake? I have no idea what you are talking about. Sounds like a magical place.

    ReplyDelete