Oh! Forgot to add that this makes a lot of burrito filling. I will make what we will eat one night and then put the rest of the mixture in the fridge for another night's meal.
Chicken Burritos Enchilada Style
4-5 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 packet of taco seasoning
Place cubed chicken in fry pan, add taco seasoning and the other ingredients called for on the packet. Simmer for a few minutes. (This is what DeAnn does, I don't--and she thinks I'm a horrible chef for it! I just place the chicken in a bowl and toss with the taco seasoning. It saves me time and I have one less pan to wash.)
Then add to your chicken mixture:
13 oz. salsa
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
Cooked rice (I cook about 3/4 c. of dry rice--it seems to be the right amount for my taste. You could also use leftover rice)
Your mixture will look like this:
Then you place a portion of the chicken mixture down the center of a flour tortilla and place shredded cheddar cheese on top of the mixture. Like this:
Roll them up and place in a 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam. Repeat this process until you have used all the chicken burrito mixture.
When you have all of your burritos in place get a can of green chile enchilada sauce.
Pour on top of your burritos. Afterward, sprinkle with a bit more cheddar cheese.
In this picture you can't really see the enchilada sauce because it is so thin but you can taste it when you eat it!
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!
Karen
Don't be afraid of cooking the taco seasoning, embrace it, you'll be forever glad that you did. And besides, there's nothing wrong with that!! I'm glad you like them. It's a favorite for us!
ReplyDeleteHooray! I can comment on your blog with my "new and improved" Firefox! I can't wait to try this new recipe. I've really enjoyed your blog.
ReplyDelete