Monday, February 2, 2009

Recipe of the Week

What makes this week's recipe so great is the fact that it is not only really tasty it is also really easy. If you already have cooked chicken in your freezer it makes it super speedy. Want the recipe? Keep reading!

Poppy Seed Chicken

4 Chicken breasts cooked and cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use low-fat)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use low-fat)
1 c. sour cream (I use low-fat or fat-free)
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1/4. c butter, melted
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
Cooked Rice

Place chicken in a 9x13 pan. Mix soups and sour cream together. Pour over chicken. Crush crackers. Add them to the 1/4 c. melted butter. Once completely mixed in add poppy seeds.


Sprinkle this mixture over the top. Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.



It is amazing how much flavor the poppy seeds give to this recipe. Here is a close up of those cute little poppy seeds...


Also, I divide the recipe in half (put half the ingredients in a 9x9 square pan, the other half in another square pan) because one square pan can feed us generously for one night. Although I haven't done it I think this recipe would freeze well.

Enjoy!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of it before but those poppy seeds are darn cute.

    ReplyDelete