I love the warm summer months because it means I can dust off the recipes that, in my opinion, were created for this time of year. This pasta salad, with a touch of Asian flavor, is super easy and delicious. Add banana or zucchini bread and some fresh fruit and you've got yourself a very satisfying meal.
Chicken Pasta Salad
1 (16 0z.) pkg. Gemelli pasta, cooked and drained
3 c. cooked chicken, shredded
5-8 c. fresh baby spinach
1-2 T. parsley, freshly chopped
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1/4 c. toasted sesame seeds
Mix together pasta, chicken, spinach, parsley, green onions, and sesame seed.
Dressing:
1 c. olive oil
2/3 c. rice vinegar
6 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. soy sauce
Mix together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Pour about half of dressing over chicken and pasta mixture. Marinate for a few hours. Before serving, add the rest of the dressing.
Enjoy!
Karen
Yum Karen! This looks super good--I'll have to try it!
ReplyDelete