Monday, January 26, 2009

One of my favorite things...

You know how we all have those favorite things that we just love? I'm not talking about expensive things--just small little things that bring a little smile to your face and a sprinkle of joy to your life when you use them. I thought today I would share with you one of my favorite things. Want to see what it is?



These are those plastic baskets you can buy at Wal-Mart (perhaps you can buy them elsewhere but Wal-Mart is the only place to shop here!). There are several different sizes. I think the smallest size costs a couple of dollars. The biggest size costs about four dollars. Anyway, they aren't very expensive yet they really come in handy. I use them EVERYWHERE in my home.

I use them in my laundry room...



I found that the two smallest ones fit really well side by side in my kitchen.



In these containers I store things like matches, food coloring, cake sprinkles, cupcake liners and birthday candles. Since the top shelf of the cabinet is so high I had to get a chair to find what I wanted. Now I can just pull out the basket, bring it to eye level and easily get what I want.

One of my favorite spots to use these handy baskets is in my hall cabinet.



This cabinet was ALWAYS a mess. I bought a bunch of these baskets, labeled them and for a year now this cabinet has stayed orderly. Now, I'm not saying the stuff in the baskets are orderly (because you can see in the picture they aren't--in some baskets the stuff is really piling up!) but I know where to find what I need and, more importantly, things get put away where they should.

Erik has some of these baskets in his closet. He doesn't have a dresser so he stores some of his clothes in them.



Two dollar Wal-Mart baskets? Definitely one of my favorite things!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment