During the weeks leading up to Christmas I felt I was in control of my wrapping area of the unfinished basement. But then, Christmas got closer. I grew a bit more frantic. My wrapping area became a mess. I really couldn't even wrap there anymore. Want to take a look?
It gets worse...
And even worse...
You know what really cracks me up about the above picture? I have gift boxes scattered all over the floor. As I sifted through them did it occur to me I should just put them back where they belong? No. That would make too much sense!
You know what also cracks me up about the same picture? My little blue rolling cart that holds various wrapping supplies lost one of it's wheels during the month so it is leaning precariously to the side. Every time I opened one of it's drawers the whole thing would almost fall over. Did it occur to me to stop for ten seconds and put the wheel back in? No. That would also be much too practical!
On Christmas morning, the gifts looked very pretty. The journey to get that way--not so pretty. Isn't it how things are sometimes?!
Tomorrow it is my goal to get this cleaned up.
Tomorrow, while I'm finding the cart's wheel and picking up boxes, I will be wishing I had some sense knocked into my brain during the mad dash to the Christmas finish line!
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment